Top most remote hotels. Hotels in the wilderness
Hotels located far from civilization have one very big advantage: people can hide from the hustle and bustle of the city, stay closer to nature and enjoy the silence. That is why hotels are being created off the beaten path.
1. Hotel Petit St. Vincent is located on an island in the Caribbean in the states of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. Getting to it is quite difficult: first by plane to Barbados, then a flight to about. Uninon, and from there by sea to the island where the hotel is located. The hotel rooms have no connection, not even a telephone. To communicate with the staff, a system of hoisting flags is arranged: if a client needs something, he raises a yellow flag so that they don’t bother – red.
2. In New Zealand, nature lovers choose Whare Kea Lodge & Chalet. The hotel consists of only 6 rooms and is located on the shore of a mountain lake away from civilization. A unique feature of the hotel is the huge floor-to-ceiling windows with wonderful views of the mountains and the lake.
3. The UK is the record holder for the number of hotels in the wilderness. One of the most noteworthy – Sumburgh Lighthouse – is the former home of the lighthouse keeper. It is located at the extreme point of. Mainland, where the North Sea and the Atlantic Ocean meet. People come here not only for solitude, but also for the sake of amazing landscapes and untouched wildlife.
4. Another remote hotel in the UK is located in Scotland and is called the Colonsay Hotel. It was built in the XVIII century, and is located on the island of Colonsay. The hotel can be reached by water by ferry or by air by plane. The main feature of this place is the variety of landscapes. The hotel has 9 rooms and each of them is named after a local natural attraction: beach, garden, cliff or lake. Activities include fishing, golf and hiking.
5. In Scotland, there is The Garvault Hotel, which is also rightfully considered one of the most remote hotels. For example, the distance from the hotel to the nearest store is 80 km! There is only one road leading to the hotel, which in winter often overflows with snow. Due to weather conditions and the remoteness of the hotel, its rooms are often empty, so there is a great chance to become the only client (and feel like the hero of the movie “The Disgusting Eight”).
6. Hotel de Larache is located in the driest desert in the world of Atacama in Chile. This is a great place for romantics and lovers of the starry sky: the hotel has an observatory, Atacama is considered one of the best places on earth to observe the stars. For outdoor enthusiasts, the hotel offers about 50 (!) Types of excursions, which are already included in the price.